Skip to content
THE MOST HEALTHFUL COOKED FOODS?
- Hot Cereals: Kasha (buckwheat), quinoa, millet, and teff (tastes like oatmeal). Soak before cooking.
- Grains: Amaranth, buckwheat, millet, quinoa and teff. Soak before cooking. Add vegetables for additional ﬂavor.
- Pasta: Soba (100% buckwheat) noodles.
- Beans: Chickpeas, lima, pinto and Northern white. Soak before cooking.
- Lightly Steamed Vegetables: Broccoli, cabbage, cauliﬂower, green beans, kale, leeks, fresh peas, zucchini and other squashes, sweet potatoes, turnips and yams. Avoid the nightshade family: tomatoes, eggplant and white-ﬂesh potatoes.
- Baking Vegetables: Squashes, sweet potatoes and yams. Again, avoid the nightshade family. Warm Soups: Blend a combination of raw and steamed vegetables in a blender with some water. Season to taste. Heat slightly, warmer than body temperature if desired.